Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Another lab day.

The chair played a prank on me. And my supervisor saw my unglam pose as the chair sneakily rolled backwards while I sat... on the floor. All this while, I was trying to make sure that I didn't drop my bag of sterile petri dishes. Well, I wasn't feeling all too embarrassed at that moment... and I even managed to drop a funny line, "I'm such a comic relief for you all right..." But, BUT, it fell flat. No one laughed. I wonder which was more embarrassing.

Thank you cheekiest for driving all the way to school, without knowing where the available free parking lots were, to have lunch with silly old me at 2pm. Really, it's the heartiest lunch I've ever had since I started lab. :D

I was early in a way for lab, and so, I had some time to stare out of the big window in front of my table. May I add, that this is the only window in my lab? I'm really thankful coz' I think I'm slightly claustrophobic. haha. I like windows and open space. While waiting, I was peering at my supervisors work their way with spewing fumes, pounders and grinders, and potentially hazardous-looking icy containers of liquid nitrogen. It makes what I'm doing seem like chicken-feet. And it is. I just don't understand how I can make something so easy seem so messy and difficult. Even opening a jar can be a challenge. And even the chair made fun of me. Argh.

But I'm still learning, and am still thankful for my supervisor's patience. Hope I didn't contaminate anything today. And I hope that I'll master the art of slamming that stubborn oven door shut without shattering anything.

1 comment:

Julia said...

you'll be fine..do ur best ya!