Saturday, June 11, 2005

Talk about driving. I've completely procrastinated and pushed it back to some nowhere. It's not on my priority list but I should just get my Basic over and done with right? Oh bother.

2 days of lab just went by. It wasn't all that bad. I don't know why I made it sound so bad whenever my friends ask me about it. I'm just a little nervous in the lab... that's all. With all the new equipment and all the safety precautions... I don't exactly know what to do with them. Not used to sticking my head out of the fume hood while working with bacteria... and I need to pick up quite a handful of hand and wrist gymnastics to manoeuvre forceps and sterile no. 11 scapels in order to make clean cuts in Lactuca Sativa aka Lettuce for their healthy regeneration. No idea what I'm talking about? Don't worry about it. I have never encountered those till now.

I'm really thankful for my friendly prof and smiley post-grad supervisor though. With my scarily lacking lab skills, I secretly wonder if they have regretted taking me in under their care. hahaha. I've plenty to learn about being meticulous and immaculate and alert and honest and steady. I'll work hard! Promise!

I'm here to learn and even if it means having to embarrass myself by asking silly questions, I will ask. I'll no longer whine and I'll keep learning and learning :)

And may this glorify Your Name.

No comments: