Monday, February 07, 2005

A sleepy princess is an angry princess

Now, if you know me, I seldom blow up like a volcano. But this time I'm so angry I curse as I drift in and out of sleep, tossing and turning the the 2 hours that I was trying to half comfort myself myself and hypnotize myself to sleep. I'm furious at my new bed which feels like a new wooden plank beneath me. It's so hard, I don't even make a dent when I'm a sitting on the new mattress. When I'm lying down, it feels like a wooden plank. I'm so aware of the natural hollows behind my neck, at my back near the waist and behind the knees. It's not warm, it's not cozy, It's HARD.

So, in all piss-isness, I moved to extra the pull-out bed... which has been unslept in for very long. I fell asleep quite quickly though. It's a normal nice bed. But I think dust mites were thriving there and I got rashes all over. Frustrating! I threw myself back onto my new bed and the hardness struck me without mercy and I was back to cursing and swearing. I decided, at 3.50am, to remain awake. No point trying to frustrate myself to sleep. And I refuse to sleep anymore.

I need music therapy.

My friend who's up at this ghastly hour says there must be a pea in my bed. And I must be a true princess to stay up all night just because of the pea.

I just concluded that a sleepy princess is an angry princess.

No comments: