Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Reflect

Hot weather with occasional puffs of wind sets me off to think. It's lazy and time seems to have come to an imaginary crawl... and I like this feeling of having time on my hands. To just sit at my table and find nothing to do. Well, not completely true. I have a CA tomorrow to study for. Files scattered on my table, Bible and QT materials in front of me... I have stuff to do. But I'd rather let the nothing-to-do mood seep into me and enjoy my pseudo-in-control feeling.

Talk about control... I think I'm out of control. This selfish indulgent little nutcase who's always so messy and refusing to do things that I should be doing. Why am I out of control? Because I've tried to wrest control of everything into my own hands and have proven to be a miserable failure at being the ruler of myself.

I now devote the next 30 minutes of time to quietness and the Word. May God grant me mercy, forgiveness and a changed and refreshed life.

No comments: