Sunday, March 20, 2005

JT's A Series of Fortunate Events

Early in the morning, rushed out and had a fruitful meeting. (more or less)

Rushed off for another small group meeting, which seems quite a hopeful homey and potential one.

Rushed home in time to change and set off for my Feast.

(I have so many tenses and grammar and spelling errors... pls pretend not to see them. I'm too tired to check and edit :X)

The Great delightful feast!

My family feast. I should show you photos of all the great food! Took plenty of photos. Try Golden Paris at Tampines Mall! The most delightful dishes which brightens up your eyes! Exquisite sushi, plenty (free-flow) of sashimi, fresh oysters, crabs, prawns, goose liver, Purple scallop, tempura, chawanmushi, dim sum, cheese cake, beautifully packaged koniyaku (sp? )jelly, fruit tea, fruits, ice-cream, tomyam soup, creamy corn soup, shark fin's soup, herbal soup, salmon pan fried, other sorts of fish etc etc (the above are what I ate. Wah, I actually ate so much? And those are just general categories. I haven't mentioned the variety of each kind of sashimi or prawns or scallops etc) It was absolutely delightful. Undescrible. 赞不绝口的程度有如赞不出口的境界。 Just in case my chinese sounds wierd, what I'm trying to say is that the 每道菜的色香味俱全, 而还好吃得非笔墨能形容。

Took a neoprint with my family... and though my dad was complaining how expensive it was, we all got so hyped up that my dad wanted to take another. (Mum said it's bcoz he just cut his hair and was feeling yandao. hahaha)

And my dad was feeling funky and spontaneous enough for a late night show. (and midnight supper) Watched Lemony Snicket's a Series of Unfortunate Events. Super good show! Go watch it! Seriously! I'm so tempted to tell you more. And so I will.


L.S.A.S.o.U.E.

It starts of with some cute elfy shots, like the Jack-a-lope kind in the Incredibles. Then just when I was telling my mum that we might be in the wrong theatre, the narrator (aka Lemony Snickets) starts saying that the show we're watching will not be like this happy elf who's bouncing around singing songs. And he warns us to leave if we don't like dark tales. There you have it.

And the show begins. It was all grey and dreary... so much blacks in the show. Brings out the mood of having the kids being orphaned... And when there's so much suspense, things will break off to leave you dangling.... and instead of the stunning attack of the snake on the kids, you see the narrator type type typing the story. Argh, cliffhanger. Then the story continues... and the author writes some happy ending story... and I started wondering if the movie's ending so quickly (Though the ending was quite a happy one. Don't we all wish for a happy ending?)

Of course the show went on... there's much trials and tribulations... and the bouncing elf and the happy songs the elf were singing would be played in perilous scenes in all irony...and then... when the mood lightens, the kids are no longer wearing all black! Colours appear! They change their clothes to a slightly brighter shade.... And when the mystery was solved, you see why everything was dark in the first place. The key to the mystery behind all the adventure was the sun and the light...

A dark, witty and extremely entertaining movie! 5 stars! Keeps you guessing and on your feet, raises your expectations and slams you back, keeps you hanging on the edge of your seat! Be amused by all the clever tricks and humour! Go watch it! (Do I get advertising fees? haha)

Grandma's hainanese saying of the day:
盲人挑刺, 光人晓。 or
盲人挑刺,光人帮手
Forget which one. But she was saying that when people who are blinded by themselves (aka overly self-centred) try to pick on a righteous person, those who are outside the picture (and are therefore able to see the situation clearly) will step forward and stand up for those who are being unjustly treated.

2 comments:

ic3snow said...

u hainanese ahz..

Me JT said...

yep yep... but erm, I can't speak dialect...