Sunday, March 27, 2005


5minutes hot, 5minutes cold.
A few years in the storeroom, my Guitar's 2 years old

I fished out my guitar (not exactly mine... the family guitar) when my dad complained that he hasn't heard a single tune from us ever since he bought us the guitar. That's true. Coz none of us played it ever since the 5-minute hotness of wanting to play the guitar (plus plenty of guitar crash courses and other influences from peers) Actually, come to think of it, it has been two years since I last touched this guitar! (uhuh! explains why it's so completely alien to me!)

So there, I started messing around with the guitar, making horrible noises and wishing that no one would rain rotten eggs or vulgarities on me. I can't strum properly and my blistered fingers can't even reach the basic C or make an Em sound decent. (That's how good I am. haha. If anyone is courageous to teach me, and I'm not too shy to show you how bad I am, I may just improve a teeny teeny bit bit.) Nevertheless, I wonder if this is going to be a 5minutes of passion thing, the way things happened with my piano lessons (I enjoyed playing the piano, but I got so freaked out by my piano teacher who scolded me on my first lesson! And of coz, I got scolded in subsequent lessons for being lazy and not practising. But, it's not exactly my fault! I have no piano! But I was too scaredy-cat to tell her. So there, in less than a few months, I quit grade one.)

So there, I wonder how long my guitar fever will last this season. We'll see, we'll see...


3 comments:

Me JT said...

Mmmm realised my guitar is a smaller than usual classical guitar haha. And I just lost my fav. white pick :(

ic3snow said...

get zl 2 teach u la!!! =p

Me JT said...

i tink he said he will teach long long ago... but never happened. And I'm so super lousy and too paiseh. haha. I'll just mess around at home first n self-learn first. lazy to lug guitar out.haha