Sunday, July 17, 2005

Seductive Sedation

I have so much to blog about but so many things happened that I didn’t have time to blog and everything ended up in migraine yesterday. Therefore, I have come up with this fancy title, just to talk about this miracle migraine drug. It is by some brand name called Suniton and it consisted of 2 drugs: the all-famous paracetamol found in all panadols, as well as orphenadrine citrate. I figured Orphenadrine citrate is probably the one that made me all drowsy and relaxed.

So, as I once mentioned, I was hanging out a lot at Ubin coz I was preparing for an event. Just as I was pretty much enjoying myself, the usual stars and blind spots hit me. The half-hour painless window came… and the pain throbbed its way to the right side of my head. Then, the all-wonderful first aider realised this and whipped out his personal first aid kit with Suniton migraine pills! That I never tried but I’m a little too dazed to think about downing pills that are unfamiliar. So, I popped one pill while the first aider encouragingly attempted to make me drink mineral-salts enhanced water.

Eh First Aider T, I give u a big pat on the pack for being such a nice first aider who attempted to cheer me up with your little hands-free-bicycle-stunts and humourous jokes. Sorry I was in such a throbbing daze that I didn’t respond. But you’re the nicest first aider I’ve met. And thanks for the care and the medicine!

After downing the pill, the usual migraine stuff happened… the throbbing, and the emptying of my churning-acid stomach contents in messy squat toilets… and many concerned friends came by to ask me what wrong… (Someone even asked me if I’m anorexic and that’s why I’m throwing up hahahaha) Anyway, the pill helped and the pain was slightly more bearable. 2 hours after downing the pill, I felt so heavily sedated that I couldn’t open my eyes or stand up. I simply (erm, how should I put it…) slumped and sank into the coffee shop table and chair… and I drifted in and out of sleep… The drug works!!! Little little pain!!! I think several people came to check on me… thanks… and the rest of the day went by in a daze. But big thanks to my supervisor who took care of me and sent me all the way to my doorstep! Thanks… really appreciate it!

Just wished I could be there to see the last part of the program. But anyway, here’s my concluding statement:

Drug of the day:
Suniton migraine pills (paracetamol 450mg, orphenadrine citrate 35mg)

Ps: This drug is really wonderful for migraine... and I'm really tempted to just pop one pill everytime I have migraine. But, the more you take it, the higher the dosage you may need to put off the throbbing of future migraines. Sigh. Better go easy on all drugs.

No comments: