Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Lettuce babies!

My lettuce babies are growing!!! Back to my lab stories again. haha. Bear with all the technicalities. Last week was a horribly hectic and mind-blowing and action-demanding week with all the preparation for the ubin event. As I struggled along with all my responsibilities, I was really thankful that my lettuce seeds didn't germinate, which gave me one week off from the lab to feed ubin mozzis.

Now that I'm back, I see that my other batch of cut cotyledons are growing!!! They're sprouting new, green plants! (Shoot regeneration) YeaHHHH! My transformation (with bacteria) is successful up to this stage it seems!!! muahahaha. Well, of course, fungus tried to ruin some of my plants... and some of my plants looked roasted-charcoal black coz it's been there for too long bla bla... but still... my lettuce babies are growing!!! They're growing!!! The satisfaction of being a researcher! Woohoo!!!

The fact that my plants are growing put my supervisor in a fairly good mood. And of coz, that'll improve my mood. And the simple fact that I'm seeing life in school, that is, I see people, students for that matter (no doubt mostly freshies) makes me happier. To top that up, my friend who's working on the tomato project was working with me today! Ladida. Seeing people makes me happy. I just can't bear sitting alone in a cold room with all plants and four walls, and walk around not seeing people.

Talking about people, I saw this lady in the lab whom I'd say is the embodiment of style. She looks like a post-grad student... and she's cool. The way she walks and nods and smiles...it's so full of stylish charisma. There's this x-factor and this air about her that makes her stand out from all the other people I meet along the lab corridor. I think I'd look like a silly smiley-clumsy-poker-clown beside her. But that's alright. That's my style. Blur bat silly smiley clusmy poker clown. Quite a mouthful eh? Say that again: Blur bat silly smiley clumsy poker clown.

And now I've to decide again: BMS or MCB. Sheesh. If I'm not going to do research, I'd do BMS. If I'm doing research, I'd want to work with plants and go the MCB way. BMS or MCB? Pray along with me for wisdom k :)

2 comments:

Julia said...

Blur bat silly smiley clumsy poker clown.

haa..a big handshake to you for the success! :)

Me JT said...

thankew thankew :D