Monday, July 11, 2005

Bite sizes. Updates. Recipe.

Simple updates. For those who don't get to see me

Have been to Ubin so many times (ok, 3 times. going again). I'm considering calling it my second home. And I'm getting a small kick out of cycling (despite many bruises and a really bumpy ride). If you're going to ubin, ask me ask me! oh yah, and I'll remind you to bring insect repellent, mosquito coils, baygone, and some other stuff to pluck rambutans/ seek durians. If you wanna buy rambutans, get them from the auntie nearest the jetty. The rambutans there are really big, red and juicy. Much nicer then the self-plucked ones. Although... it's more fun to pluck them yourselves. haha. Do bargain a little, we got 3 bunches for $7 and saved $2. Well, and the boat uncles are quite fierce. They're insistent and persistent and serious about charging a two-year old boy who clings onto his dad for the boat ride. I'm helping to run an event at ubin, in case you're wondering why I'm feeding the mozzis there. haha.

Other than that, I'd be learning how to wash, cook and mop up these few days. If you dare to eat what I cook, you can let me know and you can pop over for lunch. But, please help me wash up hahaha. (I reserve the right to be selective about my guests. BLeaH)

Recipe of the day: Mummy's Fried noodles for 5.
  1. Par- boil noodles. 70% cooked will do.
  2. Douse noodles with cold water when done.
  3. Heat up oil and dumb onions and garlic into pan. Fry till fragrant/ a little brown.
  4. Dump in the meat and fry till almost cooked.
  5. Add in the carrots and fry a little.
  6. Scatter the cut veges/ bean sprouts over the meat.
  7. Dump the noodles on top of the veges.
  8. Pour in seasonings ( 1/2 cube chicken stock, 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1tsp sugar, 1 bowl water)
  9. Put on the lid.
  10. When all the water's sorta dried up, stir/ fry a bit and serve! :D

Cooking tomato-base pasta for dinner tmr. Have 2 guinea-pig-food-tasters already. hahahaha. What should I cook for lunch tmr...

Read of the day: Chronicles of Narnia -- The Silver Chair.
Inspired to pick up The Last Battle, The Screwtape letters and Mere Christianity.
C.S. Lewis. *salutes*

No comments: