Saturday, July 30, 2005

Present Misadventure

Clad in a loud, yellow, oversized tee-shirt and cheapo flip-flop slippers, I was wearing the all-blurry-eyed-half-dazed-after-chalet look as I made my way amongst those shelves and hangers of T-shirts in the guys section. It felt wierd to be a female shopper-loner amongst the groups of guys who were also looking at the same shelves with the same hangerfuls of clothes at the same section. Actually, we were looking and browsing and aiming at the same shirt.

Now, I don't know why but that felt really wierd. Intimidated? I don't know. Dazed and blur? Definitely. So, I tried to excuse myself by straying off to the girl's section and started looking at the jackets and tops with disinterest oozing out of my lousy pretense.

Once the guys were finally done with their purchase, I went back to the shirt which I was aiming at and started calling my sis to ask for opinions. Dazed, I was. And I barely noticed the shop assistant who was hovering near me, looking all ready to clamp down on my interest and get the deal done. Well, after much deliberation and hestation, I fingered a polo-tee that looked mature enough for my dad and the shop assistant immediately offered her services. Her pressurizing presence was a major I'll-buy-and-get-out-of-here-factor. So, I asked for a size, paid and left the shop in a jiffy. Despite all that, I remembered to rip off the price tag. See, even the little details have been taken care off.

When Mum got home, she came knocking on my door and dug out the polo tee that my sisters and I shared for Dad's bday... and made Dad wear it...

Wow! Shirt too BIG!
WHOa! Price tag torn off! Therefore not exchangeable!! -shakes head-

okie, but mum and dad were really comforting and encouraging. Dad said he'll work out and bulk up while mum offered to do some altering and said something about fashion trends and loose-fitting tops nowadays. haahha.

ah well. Silly silly. So much for my first experience at buying stuff in the guy's department.

1 comment:

Julia said...

hiakz hiakz. can u imagine if you had gotten a smaller sized one instead?