Monday, July 18, 2005

Mutterings of being Semi-housewivish

First, the recipes in case I forget.

Going bean sprouty:
1)Chop the garlic.
2)Fry the garlic till fragrant.
3)Add in the bean sprouts (30 cents worth of bean sprouts should do.)
4)Add in salt water to taste. (No soy sauce. It'll get burnt.)
5)Stir fry till bean sprouts look a bit soft.
6)Serve.

Working with veges:
1) Wash and cut the Kai lan into small pieces. (Had to ask which vege in the fridge was Kai lan. So embarrassing.)
2) Chop garlic.
3) Cut the meat (against the 'grain') into bite sizes. Season with sugar, soy sauce and corn flour.
4) Fry the garlic till golden brownie/ fragrant.
5) Add in the meat and stir fry till almost cooked.
6) Add in the vege and put on the lid of the frying pan. Leave to cook for 2 to 3 min.
7) Stir fry a bit. Add water if it's too dry.
8) Serve!

Finally, mutterings of being semi-housewivish:
I'd cut my hair short if I were a housewife. Too warm and too messy to have long hair.
Now I also understand why some housewives have the auntie-look. There's so much to do, and things will get messy anyway, so there's no point in dressing up or going out. And whoever invented the washing machine is a wonderful person.

2 comments:

Chang said...

Eh louis said u gonna bake brownies har? Or issit cookies? Either ways dun forget me hor! I live so near u dun give me abit what right...
Give me a ring and i'll bike over to collect!

The Kai Lan and the Tao Gey...umm next time when u can whip up a full meal then me and shirui will go over and be judge la. Hahaha

Me JT said...

hahaha. baked already. brownies came out ok but cookies are not in good shape. haha. either ways. all of them are gone! too late!