Sunday, July 24, 2005

Boyfriend?

Mum: Eh, I dreamt that you were getting married leh. But you were marrying into those traditional ancestral worship kind of family, not Christian one.

Me: Aiyo, you think too far la.

Dad: Where got far? Ten years from now you'll be having your own family.

Mum: Ya, and you all better learn to be independent, or else you'll be panicking when you get your first kid. Eh, are you baptised? Better not get baptised in case you change your mind.

Me: Nope, I'm not. But I'm thinking about it. Actually it makes no difference whether I'm baptised or not. I'm very sure that some things will not change. There's no turning back for some decisions.

Mum: What if you boyfriend is not Christian? Unless you go and convert him.

Me: haha. I have my priorities and my boyfriend must know (and I should add agree on) 3 importants things-- where we come from, like where man came from, where we are headed to in the end and what's our mission in life.

Mum: So cheem one ah.

Me: Yah. If the guys dunno then too bad. (looks nonchalant)

Dad: You'll never know la. Everything thing is changing now, the values are changing.

Me: But 1 +1 = 2. It's the truth. It doesn't change wat.

Dad: For all you know 1 +1 = 3 next time? You take two cups of water, pour it into many glasses. One cup plus one cup equals to many cups what.

Me: Some things like gravity will always be there, even though we can choose not to believe that it exists next time.

Mum: Aiya, but do you have boyfriend or not ah?

Me: You say leh? I'm always running around and still can bake cookies at home.

Dad: (Looks at mum) Good question. I seriously don't know.



The little things that I didn't blog about till now:

Chicken mayo= shredded chicken, mayo, thinly sliced and cut onions, condensed milk.

Some of the pots and pans in my house are as old as me, if not older. And one set of those cost an auspicious $888. I never knew pots and pans are worth so much. Seriously.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Dad: For all you know 1 +1 = 3 next time? You take two cups of water, pour it into many glasses. One cup plus one cup equals to many cups what.

this sounds really philsophical! and hmm, haa, mums really do like asking qns like that.