Monday, November 01, 2004

Finding my way around

Come to think of it, I'd be graduating in one and a half years (unless my results improve by leaps and leaps and bounds and bounds, thereby qualifying me for at least a certificate with 2nd upper honours). And before I know it, I'd be hit by the wave and thrown out into the workforce.

But I have no idea what I wanna do yet! I rebelliously refuse to consider teaching. It's gonna be an emotional drain and strain facing students (even relatively guai but slack students like myself haha). Plus the panel of interviewers of MOE would have bones to pick coz... ever since I made them wait 1/2 hr for my arrival for the previous interview... and didnt even turn up in the end.

What I'd like to do... would be something related to design? Not necessarily artsy artsy design (that only comes with inspiration. Under pressure, stresses and the facts of life... I think my rice bowl and my interest in visual artsy stuff will be at risk). After listening to my lecture, drug design sounds pretty fun. But ah... I need to way polish up my organic chemistry and biochemistry and bioinformatics... and every other module I'd have to take. What other stuff can I do upon graduation?

Dream Job no.1: Inspiring nature book writer and illustrator
Dream Job no. 2: Shop owner of a shop like Prints
Dream Job no. 3: Free-lance Photoshoper
Dream job no. 4: To open a mini restaurant specializing in desserts (chocolate! ice cream! Brownies! Pancakes!) and plenty of creative potato foods. (Cooking and making food looks deliciously pretty seems pretty fun. Have I been watching too many cooking shows?)

No comments: