Saturday, October 30, 2004

The Encounter

My encounter with the Word of God is always so highly engaging. In my downhills of my spiritual walk, I leave the Word far behind me. But when I finally pick it up, just simply picking it up with a small plea in my heart that His Word will speak to me, I'm amazed at how I enjoy and yearn for the passages and verses. The Word is so engaging. It speaks to me about my life. The Word speaks to my heart. I didn't want to stop reading. Five years after my conversion, a lot of Bible truths seem subconsciously etched in my mind... and whenever I read the Word, everything is put right in front of me. All the truths jump out at me with refreshing clarity. I want to do this everyday. Dear God, see me through.

Verses of the day:

Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap.
For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth.
Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.
--Luke 21:34-36

But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgement for every careless word they have spoken.
For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your worlds you will be condemned.
-- Matt 12:36-37

No comments: