Friday, November 26, 2004

My plant and me

I have an itchy hand and a curiosity for strange plants. The last time i went to botanic gardens, I secretly uprooted a pretty fern and brought it home. Hmmm... I really wanna know what's it's name and how I can make it grow better. It has a thread-thin, super strong and tough black stem and jade green leaves that looks a bit like a little paw. Let's call it the paw fern.

Before I got this treasure, I brought some of those arial plants home from the Botanic gardens home. Apparently, they don't need to survive in soil and all they need is a cool misty environment. They have no roots and have small spiklets for its leaves. It looks like a cute mess of spikes. The closest description/ look-alike that I can think of would be those fluffy metallic looking decor you wind around your christmas tree.... Well, my arial plant died a long time ago. Dehydrated I guess. So sad.

My paw fern is still growing at the moment. I like it's discreet and strong character. Erm, hope to find out how I can let this little thingie grow along with me!


No comments: