Sunday, November 14, 2004

Passion

I'm getting tired of being a nuah person. In my dictionary, nuah means a blend of indifference, passionlessness, passiveness and quitterishness. A nuah life is about having no commitment, no sense of responsibility, no motivation and no fighting spirit. One day blends into another and time really flies. But being nuah, it doesn't matter. But there is no satisfaction in this at all. It is meaningless. It is hollow. It is self-crumbling.

No, I don't want to be nuah anymore! I want to be focused! I want to give all that I have to do my best shot! I want to stop hiding and sitting back and go for it! I have plenty of things waiting for me to do. I have a ministry to serve and I have roles to fulfill as a student! And I have God who is interested in my life! Oh God, help me to cast off all that hinders and run the race! Help me to number my days aright!

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perserverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that`you will not grow weary and lose heart. -- Hebrews 12:1-3

Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of
wisdom
. -- Psalm 90

No comments: