Thursday, November 25, 2004

When I read my own blog, I realise I'm a self-contradictory whiner. Gosh. Sheesh. Don't you ppl feel sian of all my whining? Shall not whine anymore.

Colours in the midst of exams

This is probably my most stressed and most relaxed exam period. As a distracted full-time library hermit from 8.30am to 10pm daily for the past week, I've been staring out of the window on and off. (Yeah, I don't deny I was distracted.) The things that you notice when you simply want anything to distract you can be pretty amazing.

There I was, in the library, and I noticed the clear blue sky with puffy cutsey clouds that fades into some sort of homogenous grey mess before the rain came. I even realised with amazement that not all rainy days are thunderous and lightningful. The longest delay between the lightning and thunder on that particular day was about five whole seconds. When the storm was over, out came the sun and there you have your silver lining. On other days, you have beautiful blends of orange, red and purple which gives way to velvet black and pretty lights in the nights.

Hey, even hot afternoons can be exciting too. As I stoned, I saw an eagle spiraling the NUS sky. Large wing span. Gliding and riding the winds. Sleek and swift. Against the burning sun, the eagle's shadow was cast on the roof of lower buildings.

I wouldn't have noticed all these if I weren't trying to find something I could do other than to study.

See, that's why I'm blogging this. I'm trying to delay having to start. okok. enough is enough. Back to photosynthesis...

(I wish I had a camera to capture all those pretty scenery outside the window....)

No comments: