Sunday, January 30, 2005

Flashback IV: Millipede

I'm always falling down when I was young. Somehow I fell down one day and scratched my knees. Scratches and abrasions on knees are the worst of the lot. Everytime you move, walk, sit, stand, the abrasions really hurt. So I was crying and sniffing as I walked home from child-care with dad. It really hurt. But I was acting tough and though I was half-limping, I managed to climb up onto the sand pit of those old playgrounds (which was on the way home) and jumped around a little before going back. Well, jumping around made my abrasions worse and the tears came again.

"Hey look at that!" Dad said. There he was, a brown slimy thing with many legs. He's a milipede. (I didn't know milipedes weren't slimy at that point in time.)

"It'll coil up into a ring if you touch him," said Dad. Dad prodded little milipede with his finger and I watched. Little milipede stopped in his track, flopped on his side, and coiled up into a spiral. If I were to do that, I'd be crouching down on the floor, hugging my knees. (I think) After some time, I think little milipede forgot that we were watching and he uncoiled himself and started walking again. I was fascinated. When it was time to go, I kept my eyes glued to little milipede as dad pulled me along. Well, little milipede was walking too slowly despite his many legs. I had to bid goodbye.

But up to now, I still remember little milipede coz he made me forgot my pain in the knee.


Coming soon: --
Flashback V: Child-care chair rocker
Flashback VI: Kindergarten crybaby glue episode
Flashback VII: Kindergarten major accident

1 comment:

Me JT said...

erm... add one more 'l' to all my milipedes.
corrections: millipede millipede millipede millipede