Saturday, January 15, 2005

JT and her Pencil Case.

I have a wonderfully well equipped pencil case thank you. Big pencil case with plenty of pens that constantly go on student exchange with other pencil cases.

(student exchange: moving from one student to another)

As I stared down my study table drawer at the numerous stay-home pencil cases, I found many pen bodies. Ink refill-less pen bodies. And why are they there? These space-fillers!

(stay-home pencil cases: pencil cases confined to my home.)

And I remembered. They are there because I wanted to save my handicapped pens from annihilation. In my clumsiness, I sometimes lose pen caps and stuff. In my perfectionistic little pencil case world, I'd start wondering what to do with my handicapped pens. To banish or not to banish it to the lost realms of the drawer?

(handicapped pens: pens with missing parts or damaged pen tips)

In the end, I figured that I should have mercy on my banished pens. I decided to save up expired pens and their bodies. In the event that any of my working pens are involved in any accident resulting in handicap, transplants may be carried out from suitable donor pens to ensure the recovery of handicapped pens.

(expired: A term used to describe pens who have outlived their usability aka no more ink.)

Therefore, the space-filler pen bodies will continue to reside in the drawer.

I always welcome stationery, pretty pens and A5 sized notebooks in my home.

No comments: