Sunday, January 30, 2005

Flashback II

Long long ago, when I first discovered that jam goes really well with those square Jacobs biscuit, I was intrigued and I wanted more more more. My dad, whom I credit as the founder of this recipe, decided to make more for me. He spread jam over one biscuit, covered it with another, applied a second layer of jam before adding a third biscuit. I was amazed! A triple decker! I asked him to add another biscuit. I wanted a four-ple decker! He did. It was starting to get fun, seeing the biscuits all stacked together. So I told my dad to add more biscuits.

"Are you sure? You won't be able to finish this," said Dad.

"It's very nice. I can finish it," I replied confidently.

So my dad added another biscuit, and I wanted another...and another...and another...

It was the tallest pile of biscuit I've ever seen in my little life! It was up to my chin! ( I wasn't very tall then. I was kneeling down beside the coffee table and from that angle, the biscuits were up to my chin anyway.)

I munched on the top few layers of biscuit excitedly. After my 4th biscuit, that was it. I was full. The decker biscuits started to look intimidating. I looked at my dad and all he said was, " I knew you cannot finish. I'll help you eat."

That tea break jam delight probably spoilt both our dinner (much to mum's displeasure), but I sure remember how to make a triple decker jam delight! :)

No comments: