Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Being Mummy's Girl

After blogging and a good bathe, it was time for bed... and I awoke in the wee hours of the night with a horrible horrible tight tight tight sensation around my head. Tension headache? Whatever you call it, it was a pre-cursor of migraine and I thank God that the migraine pounding didn't set in too badly last night. But it was enough. The same weakness in the knees, the same churning in the stomach and the pain in the head that wouldn't go away. I threw up umpteen times. Not exaggerating. I couldn't even remember how many times. It was almost like a routine. I didn't stop till I was too tired and till most of the acid in my stomach was cleared out. I wonder if it had to do with 猪肝面线...


And I'm really really thankful for my mum who was up all night with me as I rushed into the toilet to make horrible retching noises and wasted plenty of toilet paper. Mum's presence makes healing wonders. Of course, Mum was massaging my head and it was really really therapeutic... and I'd fall asleep before the next cycle of being weak-in-the-knees and I-need-to-visit-the-toilet.

There's one thing I love about forever being mummy's girl -- and it's being cared for like a baby, even in the middle of the night when u're messing up the house. I don't want to grow up and get all independent in this aspect. It feels warm and safe to know that you're being taken care of.

No comments: