Monday, September 13, 2004

My Life is Not my own

Thank God that I live!

45mins ago, in tiredness and daze, I dragged my feet home from the MRT station. Green man up, I crossed the road. Vehicles stopped. A few motorcycles cut across the road in front of me. Green man blinking, Blinking. I walked, dragged my feet. Blinking Blinking. Roaring of vehicles.

BUMP. JERK. I jumped.

I looked left and saw the taxi up close beside me. A blur of faces stared at me from inside the taxi. The taxi had just braked in time The inertia caused the sharp bump at the side of my bag. Shocked.

I walked on, the taxi driver drove off, I checked that the green man was still blinking. Blinking.

Heart racing, thumping thumping. If I had slowed down a few seconds more, the taxi would have rammed right into me. If I had taken a few paces to the left, I'd be knocked down. If the taxi driver hadn't jammed the brakes in time, I'd be no more.

Thank God for His Protection!

My life is not my own. If God had decided it was time, I'd be gone. But I'm still here. I have not finished the race and God still has plans for me here on earth. My life is not my own and I live for Jesus alone.

No comments: