Monday, September 20, 2004

Late Night out

I did something out of character. Wasn't expecting it. At 930pm, I was ready to go home... until huh? They wanted to see gays. Okie loh. So I followed my friends along Orchard and stopped juz somewhere opp hard rock cafe. Uhuh. GOSh. Sleazy man... scantily clad girls... trasvestites... n sleazy men... and ppl giving out packets of stuff to selective groups of people. (Make a guess what... they were muttering "underaged" when they saw my friends and I) Hmmm. Not a good place to be in.

Change of location. Connection connection. My rugger classmate knows the owner of Devil's bar. Some long story about bankruptcy and making a comeback, setting up Zouk and Devil's bar... and putting Devil's bar under the son's name blah blah. And so there we were. Devil's bar. Supposedly to be a strict place which is clean. Got a snowball that tasted creamy, seven-upish and chery-ish. Bourbon coke smells too strong... but Tequila sunrise is pretty fruity yummy. Snowballs good. Sunday night is some... erm... Cantonese song night, but ended off with good music. Stoned around eating fries, calamari and snowball. Nothing much. Loud music and sitting around. Music too loud for conversation. Saw an angmoh trying to pick up two girls. Saw two girls who looked like they're erm... les... and from the way they dance... they look drug-high. hmmm. Nothing much there. And I've gota check the time... gota rush back home. Late, way late. Left at 11.15pm.

Rushed to the MRT. Made it on the train with my friends.... And when I was alone with one of my friends, we started talking and he suddenly came to the realisation, "You're a Christian?!"
He asked why... and I couldn't really give an answer. He asked how. He said it would be hard for him to convert. He felt that religion was to each his own. Talked about church... tongues... slaying, faith-healing... and I was home. Bid my goodbyes.

But it started me thinking. Yah, what's my answer... it's been a long journey. a long long journey in someways. Time to reflect, sit back, take heart on my long journey...and have the answer ready, in all gentleness n respect.

PS: If there's one thing I really don't like about going to such places, it's the smell.. that smokey smell that gets stuck in ur hair. eeeeeeks.



No comments: