Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Fight. STOP. MOVE.

Have you ever felt the struggle within, knowing that this is something you hafta do and ought to do but you don't want to do it? And the next thing you know, you become a runaway, trying to escape from it, all the while hearing that little voice telling you to stop fighting and to do what's to be done. And you know that doing what you need to gives the utmost satisfaction and delight with no regrets... yet you just don't want to go through the tedious process and overcome that frightening load of inertia. That's how it feels like to go through life struggling against God's will, against the Spirit's promptings, against the Word. You hear the Spirit, but you quench and you grieve the Spirit. You run. You disobey. You try to look for your own share of worldly fun that appeals to the whole idea of freedom and no-commitment. But true freedom comes when you find freedom in the boundaries that keep you free from the nagging voice of the conscience... of the Spirit. Quit struggling, please. It's tiring. Move with God and move mountains. I surrender it all. I stop. I put down that heavy baggage that drags and gnaws at my heart and I start to follow Jesus again. I'm sorry I tried so hard to run in circles. The cross is heavy but I know I'm not carrying it alone.

No comments: