Sunday, June 13, 2004

Of Cute Guys and me

Went to IMM today with two of my buddies. You can make a guess who. Anyway, there was this mini concert thingie where fans of this cute guy can get their posters autographed. This guy is called Wilbur Pan WeiBo. He's the third guy whom I'd pass off as quite cute (after Bo Yuan Chong-- the jap guy in some Jap teen serial and Benny Chan Ho Man)Talk about high standards. Haha. I guess I could be like one of those screamy fans if I wanted to... but I wasn't. So I stood in the crowd as an observer.

First of all, I was impressed by the Emcee... DJ Ma Li. She's powerful at talking. Really. Effortlessly and comfortably going on and on about Wilbur and this other guy to the not-easily-excitable Singaporean audience. Then, as the arrival of Wilbur Pan and this other guy (sorry, forgot his name coz he looks less cute to me haha) was announced, the crowd started sQueezing forward. I followed at a comfortable distance behind with my buddies and noticed 2 interesting couples. Both boyfriends were trying to carry their girlfriends to help them see Pan WeiBo and friend better... Fruitless attempt. They guys need to work out more. Flashes of lights went off. If you're a star, migraine is not your best friend. Those flashing cameras will trigger off SERIOUS migraine.

At the back, 2 reporters ( I think they are reporters) took chairs from somewhere and climbed on top for a good camera shot. What a lucrative business chair-rental will be for such occasions!

Well, can't help but be impressed by the ease with with Wilbur and his friend performed. They looked so calm and steady... and they waved and smiled and melted their fans from the 1st floor of IMM to those looking down from the 3rd floor. Wilbur's friend was wearing some pink mickey mouse t-shirt. Well, it looked good on him. Guess stars look good in almost anything. Imagine some regular guy walking along the road in pink Mickey Mouse T shirt... Effect? erm. I'm sure you all have your own opinions...

Next, fans of any star listen up! I know just the way to get yourself noticed by your idol! Bring along a young and cutsey kid (brother sister cousin ...), and your idol will give u an extra handshake and smile at you and the little kid with those heart-warming smiles. Plus, there'll be a little handshake for the kid and a little pinch on those chubby kiddo cheeks too. Ten years later, the kiddo can say, hey, Wilbur Pan pinched me on the cheek as a sign of affection when I was three you know... *kidding*

Now, all stars listen up! If you want to melt your fans' hearts, look them in the eye, give a little wave and say hello. Then, give a firm, warm handshake and flash them your beautiful pearlies with the warmest sunshiney smile. If you can, ask them for their name. And tada, you're more then irresistable.

With the slightest nod, wave and smile from Wilbur and friend, I saw this group of girls going crazy. Literally. They were so excited that they kept jumping up and down, face flushed, hands clutched at their chest. They can't stop screaming of course, from the third floor. Whoa.

Watching these people made me go a bit dizzy. So that's all for the day.
JT the observer signs off.
*Did I mention that I gasped when I saw my friends going ga ga over Wilbur and Friend? But they only did it for about 10 sec in zest lah.*

PS: Pls pardon my deteriorating grammer n tenses. Yeah, you can edit and correct them anytime. Tag. :p

No comments: