Monday, June 21, 2004

JT Cuts Queue at Supermarket!

I did it legally ok.
I was at Shop n Save, clutching onto my Betty Crocker's brownie mix when I joined the super long queue at the cashier. Well, if I have to wait, so be it. I'm just in a rush. That's all. Just then, someone tapped me on my back... it was the cashier auntie. I'm not stealing anything. I'm not cutting anyone's queue. I'm not making any noise...
"Xiao mei, you only buying brownie mix one thing izzit?" she asked.
"Yah..." I replied.
"Okie, come, I open counter for you."
More then 40 pairs of eyes turned and stared at me. A few people moved forwards to queue behind me and...
"Excuse me, this counter is not open hor... I'm going off for lunch already," said the cashier auntie to all the homemakers and uncles with cartfuls and basketfuls of groceries. I looked at the people behind. They were... irritated? I stood there feeling stranded. Am I supposed to go to the closed counter to pay up? Yes. The auntie directed me right up to the closed counter... and I paid for my brownie mix. No queue ahead of me and no queue behind me. I was the first and the last.

Reflections
That's quite nice of the cashier auntie. God certainly does put nice people in my way and I'm really thankful and glad to meet such nice ppl. :) God knew I was in a rush eh. :)

No comments: