Sunday, December 12, 2004

To the Edge Part I

Why I enjoy being camp emcee

1) I get to flout all the camp rules. I don't have to sleep during lights out and I can enter all the rooms as and when I like and I can talk to anybody anytime. (Read: I have to stay up late and run all over the place looking for people.)


2) I don't have to play funny games and follow strange instructions. I watch them. (Read: I have headache with crowd control during funny games.)

3) I get people's full attention when I'm talking. (Read: I'm stressed with everybody staring at me.)

4) I don't have to make extra effort to take care of group members. (Read: I don't exactly get to know any new group members. Except those in the committee perhaps.)

5) I don't have to sit through all the sessions and follow them strictly. (Read: I don't exactly learn much from sessions when running in and out.)

Generally, I don't mind emceeing around... and there's always the pros and the cons. Over the past three days, the stress and the last minute-ness was pushing me to the edge. (pun, pun, the name of the camp was D'edge. haha)



To the edge part II

The things that people do to get extra water bombs:

1) Beg on their knees

2) Call you beautiful

3) Do all that you say and offer to do more.


Things the emcee does when people will do anything to get water bombs:

1) Feel like giving everyone water bombs (Imagine have a whole loadful of guys and girls kneeling at your feet and begging and calling you beautiful. Even if it's a lie, I melted. hahaha)

2) Pretend not to be moved and demand more.

3) End up with a headache coz everybody seems to deserve the water bombs and don't know who to give them to.

4) Just try to get rid of the water bombs anyway and hope that I won't be stoned for being seemingly unfair.


It was stressfully fun and I've really made a lot of new friends with... the committee members and the log team. But but... lousy as I am, I can't remember their names :x sheesh. Just wished I learnt more from all those good camp sessions...

No comments: