Saturday, September 22, 2007

The FooDie GooDie strikes back!

I've been way outta the blogosphere these days coz my lappy's keyboard has been out cold. $105 got it fixed at a small, neighbourhoodly IT mama-shop counter kinda shop.

So... my lappy's back... with a vengeance. Muahahaha.

Behold the yummies before your sight!!!

(No photoshop this time! Too excited to get blogging to photoshop)

1) Mr Bean soy bean ice-cream! LOVE it! It's not too sweet, not too sticky or milky... it's smooth and all soy-beanie! And it's healthier too!





2) Pastamania's something something spicy sausage something fusilli! I drowned it in cheese and spared it from Tabasco sauce... coz it's really kinda spicy. haha. Nevertheless, thumbs up for all tomato-based sauces! I like!

Anyway, I was pretty amazed at the name of the farfalle. Quoting from Wikipedia... ' Farfalle is a type of pasta. Commonly known as "bow-tie pasta," the name is derived from the Italian word farfalla (butterfly). The "e" at the end of the word is the Italian feminine plural ending, making the meaning of the word "butterflies." '





3) I absolutely LOVEEEEEEE Donut factory!!! It's soft, it's sweet, it's tasty and it's multi-choco-flavoured!!! LOVE 'em!!





4) As always, I dig traditional desserts... and this is the 鸳鸯 version of your 芝麻糊 and杏仁糊! I like having the best of both worlds muahaha.





5) Love Soup Spoon too! Here's a $10 meal consisting of rich and creamy mushroom soup (solid solid one), a home-made tasting ice-lemon tea, a huge Caesar chicken sandwish, some tangy, spicy coleslaw with a free mini choco bar to go! The Tokyo something stew is really nice ( & therapeutic according to my fren haha) too!





6) Swenson's FONDUE!!! YUmmy!! But after trying the Fondue at Max Brenner's Chocolate Bar... ahem ahem. hahaha. I love Max Brenner's choco drinks!!! But no pics yet... In my friend's camera.





7) Corn Muffins! Home-made and freshly-baked in the kitchen of yours truly! Smells and looks good eh? But I think I overdid the cornmill. haha. It's a tad grainy la. Will work on it again. hahaha.





8) Bongo at the bird park offers some high-class fast food with high-class presentation! But... so-so la. Just thought the zebra-striped plate looks nice.





9) Swenson's Caesar salad with breaded chicken! YUMMY! The sauce is really good! A little peppery... a little sourish... and altogether very fresh and appeitizing!





10) Here's a close up on my friend's fruity and prawny salad that comes with a mango-based salad sauce!





11) My 5-head market gang finally made our move and tried this newly-opened wantan mee! The queue was long, but the wantan mee was GOOD!! Tasty! The wantan-s come in bite sizes and I can't stop popping them one after another... haha. Peeps who live near 5-head, go try!





12) Aston's Specialities!!! Really good western food at katong at really reasonable prices! $8 for a huge drink plus main course?!?! Good right! Every single side dish was yummilicious! The potatoes used in the salad ain't your typical potato... the skin's really thin... and it's just so barely cooked to perfection that it's still fresh and tasty! THe mashed potato's really silky... and the chargrilled chicken... oh mY!! It's seriously juicy and tender! Okie. My mouth's watering. 'Nuff said. Go try.


For $15 (less actually) you can try the salmon steak plus a big ice-tea! Good portion of salmon steak there! The onion rings are really crispy and the coleslaw is so well-dressed that you know it's fresh and you won't get tired of it!


This is some fish seasoned with herbs... light and good!



More food pics to keep you drooling...


and last but not least... hahaha. A picture of Slipper Swish (if you remb my Slipper Swish chronicles)



(PS: Pardon my grammar and spelling ya. Thankew velly much.)

No comments: