Saturday, August 07, 2004

Updates updates

Was scrolling through my blog and saw the many things I promised to blog on and haven't blogged... like the 3Ms of dating or something like that and the Lady on the MRT and my handphone.

First update
My handphone. My Nokia 8250 has more or less retired and a motorola T190 (I think), which my supervisor has kindly given me, has taken over the job. Well, motorolas aren't the most sms-friendly phones... so bear with my super super slow replies. Saw the Singtel ioneplus plans and the $38 dollar 6610 deal... and decided to erm... be passive about it. I'll just wait and see. I'll wait for signs like these: "JT! Your bill has gone up again! You better do something about it or change plans..." or "JT! You simply cannot reply sms faster izzit? See what has happened lah!" or... something to warrent the change of hp a need, not a want. oh well. hee.

Second update
Was on the train one day... and saw a lady reading primary school children books. My first impression? Perhaps she's a childcare teacher... the next thing I remembered was that she whipped out a small pocket dictionary and started checking it for words like "bounced" and "see-saw" and stuff like that. Uhuh, so she was learning English. Apparently, her English-Chinese dictionary has no "see-saw" in it and she decided to ask another lady sitting beside her. (actually, I was quite amazed at her enthusiastic learning attitude) The other lady couldn't quite translate "see-saw" in Chinese. I figured "see-saw" = "qiao1 qiao1 ban3" but I guess such terms aren't exactly in our everyday langauge and she was gesturing and trying to explain how a see-saw works... ... and I also guess this reminds me to start picking up my Chinese again. haha.

Third update
I'll blog on whatever I didnt blog in due time... (*well... if I remember :p) tata for now.

Counter reads: 403

No comments: