Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Quote of the day:
Hand phones without reception are only good for telling the time. Oh, and for reminders too.

My handphone that doesn't live to its full potential
After dropping my phone for the three hundred and sixty-fifth time, it gave up on me. The reception is nil anywhere and everywhere. Sporadically, I'll have a few seconds of reception. Not long enough to send smses or receive calls though. There'll be reception within the first 10 minutes of switching on the phone. Beyond that, I'm subjected to the whims and fancies of the complicated micro-chips and complex electronic components that receive signals from the beyond. I feel like giving up on my phone. I want a new phone! Found new lobangs! Got parental approval! But, my phone seemed to realise that its end is near and reception comes on more regularly. But not regularly enough. A phone is meant for communication at my whims and fancies, NOT the other way round! And it's suppose to do more than tell me that I'm late for work.(hey, I'm getting rid of this habit!) My phone has lost its sense of purpose and is not living to its fullest potential. Judgement day has come for it... it's too late to turn back now. (Although my attachment to it is softening my heart...)Well, I guess... I'll still get my new phone and new line after all. (when I find the time, which will be soon. Can't stand the no reception!)My phone has served me quite well for the past 1 1/2 year. Goodbye. Rest well in your little box. You're remembered fondly. You'll be back in service if you stay in good condition and outlast my new phone. Till then...

No comments: