Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Perspectives
I walk staring at the floor, noticing the drain and the pavement and the bits of litter here and there. There's the grass, a chocolate wrapper and some dog poo that's been there for a few days. That's how I walk. Head bowed, eyes glued to the floor. Hunched even... perhaps. Gosh, is that how I walk? Yeah, I just noticed that this morning. How come I don't look ahead at the landmarks in front? Why don't I look at my destination? I notice too many little details on the floor. Time to look up and look out! I had better know where I'm heading, what to look out for and how I'm getting there before I start looking at the little itsy bitsy stuff on the floor. I need to look beyond the small picture and see the big picture. I need to stop asking how God is relevant to me and see how I fit into God's plan.

No comments: