Sunday, May 20, 2007

Emo emo emo.

I'm seriously in one of my moods. Nah, nothing to worry about. It's just one of those days when I'm tired and sian. And when that happens, things start looking a bit blue. It's one of those days when you'd entertain the thought that the world would be better if you weren't there to make ripples in the puddle. It's one of those days when you remember that you've 1001 things that you should be doing at the back of your mind and you don't feel like doing them. The 1001 thingies are the fuzzy background menial everyday tasks that you'd have to finish up in order to get that bugger naggy feeling off your back. Meanwhile, in competition with these 1001 things, there's the 1002th which comes along a little later. It's the meaningful thingie you know you should go the extra mile to do, but you struggle coz you still have 1001 that should be cleared in order to get your life fixed up. And you feel bad about struggling coz you do the 1002th thingie unwillingly. And you know that even if you didn't do the no. 1002th meaningful thingie, you still wouldn't touch the 1001 things that you don't feel like doing. If 1002 thingies aren't enough, you suddenly get appointments and outings coming along your way. Some you'd wanna avoid, and some you really wanna go out and enjoy. But you'd go out thinking about 1001 things and the 1002th thingie, and the opportunity costs of it all. In the end, shrinking into a corner at home under the shroud of anti-socialness seems like the best self-preservation policy. My world, no one else. My pace, my time. Me, myself and I. Selfish-inward looking brat. Aaaack. -shake head-

Sorry peeps. Give me some time. I'd get outta this shroud soon.

No comments: