Sunday, July 30, 2006

Paradoxes

Paradox 1: Life comes through death.
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. (John 12:24)

Lord, even martyrs who gave their lives for a cause, and in death, gave life to the purpose they championed, showed how the end of something marked the continuation of another. I've so wanted to remain a preserved seed, retreating into the safety of my comfort zone and paving the way for a time of no growth. I want to keep my eyes onJesus, who in His death, gave life and salvation to all who believe. I want to learn to give my life for His purpose.


Paradox 2: Keeping comes through giving.
The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. (John 12:25)

Lord, too many a times, I horde my life for selfish ambition and security, which turns my heart all sour, inward-looking and crumbling . You are a God who gives abundently. Others who give generously and sacrificially inspires. Father, I give you my life.


Paradox 3: Honour comes through serving.
Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, myservant also will be. My Father will honour the one who serves me. (John 12:26)

Lord, teach me to move forward with boldness and passion, to give no matter what responses I'll receive. Slander, accusation and misundersanding are not the end. I see Your promise of life and honour in serving and giving. May I act on Your Word and obey You always.

In Christ's name,
Amen.

No comments: