Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The airport soliloquy

Years out of school, I'm making it in and out of the airport the third time this month in a suit. On hindsight, I can't believe it. I never saw myself donning a suit. Much less board a plane (with a tinge of disinterest at that) and fall asleep once the safety video starts. The window seat lost its appeal and I have taken to the convenience of the aisle. My OCD of taking pictures of everything is getting cured. I smile wanly at people who say my job and all the flying around for its worth is exactly what they are looking for.

Never thought I could calmly sip a cup of O'brien's carrot and orange juice alone without getting self-conscious.

Never thought I could meet so many people around the world.

Never thought I would be so happy to go home. 

No comments: